Ozone Generator Machine Operating Instructions
- 1. Close all outside doors and windows of the area to be treated.
- 2. Make sure inside doors, such as bathroom and closet doors, are open.
- 3. If the space to be treated has a separate heating and cooling system turn the fan “On” to circulate the air while the area is being treated.
- 4. Make certain all occupants and pets have been removed.
- 5. The Ozone Output level is normally set at “Medium” to “High” depending on the level of odors and amount of time for treatment.
- 6. Set Timer to desired treatment time and then exit the space during treatment.
- 7. Upon returning to pick up the unit, make sure Timer dial is now in the “Off” position.
- 8. Allow 15 to 45 minutes after treatment time is finished before occupying the space, or open the outside windows and doors upon reentry.
Note: A higher Ozone Output setting will sanitize the space more quickly. The amount of time necessary to eliminate pollutants depends on how entrenched the odors are. The effect of ozone will vary depending on environmental conditions such as altitude, humidity, air movement, size of the space and the severity of the odors.
Hold Position: For more severe odor problems, turn dial to the left onto the indefinite “Hold” position and vacate the space. This will allow for much longer sanitization. Upon return be sure to turn the dial to “Off” immediately and open outside windows and doors until sanitization smell is gone.
Warning: For use in unoccupied spaces only. Excess ozone concentrations can cause mucous membrane and respiratory irritation. If you detect the sanitizing smell when you walk into the room, make sure the Timer dial is “Off” and then ventilate the area or vacate the room.
+Initial Setup and Treatment+
Cleaning and Maintenance
When the purifier no longer produces enough ozone to be effective, the ozone plates should be cleaned. A good rule of thumb is every three months. Some environments will cause ozone output to be reduced in a shorter time, but other environments may take longer.
To clean a plate, turn the unit off and unplug from outlet. First, remove the optional filter. Next, pull ceramic plate out of slot in rear of unit. Wash the screen and ceramic plates with warm soapy water or a grease cutting detergent. Scrub with a stiff brush. A spray liquid cleaner with ammonia or chlorine may also be used to remove any non-visible adherents. Be careful not to drop the plate.
Rinse plate thoroughly in hot water and dry completely before reinstalling. A hair dryer may be used to dry the plate more quickly. Reinstall plate, making sure it is flush with back of the unit.
- Plates are as easy to remove as a CD for cleaning.
- Staff never needs to disassemble unit or place hands inside.
- Timer has “Hold” function to allow for longer sanitation.
- Time remaining indicator on dial.
- Convenient built in cord holder to stow cord.
- If you suspect a problem with your unit check the following:
- Unit is plugged in properly.
- Wall outlet is active.
- Ceramic plates are clean and dry.
- There are no cracks in plates and each plate is flush with back of unit.
- Fuse is installed properly and in good condition. To replace fuse, rotate fuse holder counterclockwise to unscrew, remove old fuse and insert new fuse. Replacement fuse must be 1 amp (1.25 inch).
- It’s important that the OdorFree unit be properly grounded to avoid potential shock.
If no buzzing sound is detected when turning the Ozone Output dial to High, clean plates before contacting the Service Department.
Caution: No attempt should be made to remove a panel of the cabinet, as there are no user serviceable parts. Opening the unit will void all warranties.
Service and Warranty
The OdorFree comes with a 5 Year Limited Lifetime Warranty. See Warranty Card for details. For service or to order plates contact:
SD International, Inc
2019 Centre Pointe Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32308